I love scriptures. I love quotes. They both can start me off right and give me something to ponder on as I go about my day. While “blog hopping” I discovered a blog post 77 Great Quotes That Will Change Your Life by Henri Junttila. Henri gives the quote and a little commentary. All of them were good, but I picked 3 out of each category to share with you.
Quotes about Courage
7. “If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” – Win Borden
I’ve gotten many e-mails from people asking me for advice. The common thread that runs through them all is that they want to make sure they’re doing it right. My answer is always the same: you have to try, fail and try again. There are no guarantees. There is only the path.
8. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” – Raymond Lindquist
What is familiar is comfortable. Even though the familiar might be worse than the unfamiliar, we still tend to hold on to it, because going into the unknown is uncomfortable. Having the courage to go into the unfamiliar can be tough, but not impossible. It requires a shift in perspective. Become curious. Become an explorer of life. This is an adventure.
10. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability." – Thomas A. Edison
Most people are afraid to take action. Sure, they have ideas, but they don’t do anything about it. It’s scary to go down that path, which is why so few do. In the end, you have to determine what kind of life you want to live: one of mediocrity, or one of greatness?
Quotes about Motivation
13. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Brian Littrell
I’ve found that going after my goals rigidly only makes me unhappy. I now make goals, but I am flexible about them. I am open to new possibilities. Having a goal is essential, but use it as a guideline and not as something you have to reach.
19. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
You are responsible for how you feel. You can blame external things if you want to, but it will never change how things are. It is only when you accept your own responsibility that you can change.
20. “There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” – Tony Robbins
If you’re passionate enough and if you care enough, you will overcome any obstacles. Excuses will be a thing of the past, but if you’re not determined, you will let the smallest excuse hold you back.
Quotes about Inspiration
25. “Action will remove the doubt that theory cannot solve.” – Petryl Hsieh
You can spend your whole life thinking and theorizing, but it is only through action that you gain clarity. I’ve noticed that theory can only take me so far. When I actually start taking action, things are much different than in theory.
28. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Confucius
This is an excellent follow up to #27. You can try to learn as much as you want, but if you do not take action, you won’t get any results. You cannot know everything before you start, so don’t even try. Just begin and expect mistakes. Learn from them and keep going.
30. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
Dwelling on past mistakes does you no good. You can change everything today if you want to, or you can keep living the life you’ve always lived. It’s up to you, but remember this: every moment is an opportunity to change your life.
Quotes about Success
31. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” – Buddha
Your thought patterns and beliefs determine your life. If you are not happy with where you are, take a look at what beliefs are holding you back from having the life you want.
33. “God helps those who help themselves.” – Benjamin Franklin
This is an excellent way of saying that once you start taking action, the pieces of the puzzle start falling into place. I’ve experienced this first-hand. It wasn’t until I showed the universe I was serious that I started getting “lucky”.
43. “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." – Thomas A. Edison
This is another good quote illustrating the importance of action. How many ideas you have doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is that you take action!
Quotes about Wisdom
44. “When the solution is simple, God is answering.” – Albert Einstein
The human mind has a funny tendency of trying to make everything complex. It takes effort to keep things simple. The more stuff you can eliminate from your plate, the more you get done. Focus on simplicity.
52. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
Do not overanalyze. Err on the side of taking too much action, rather than thinking too much. Most people are thinkers, because it is easy, but few are doers. It’s hard, frustrating and sometimes painful, but it works.
53. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” – Thomas Jefferson
You have to beat this point into your head: take action, and do it now! The stars will never align. Circumstances will never be perfect. The sooner you get started, the better off you will be. You will have to make mistakes, because it is the only way.
Quotes about Truth
55. “Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
You already have everything you need. Be grateful for the things you already have. It’s easy to get caught up in the drama of life. Focusing on negativity is easy, but focusing on the positive is what makes a difference and spurs you into action.
57. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
Always maintain the beginner’s mind. Whenever you think you’ve got it, you’re mistaken. You are never too old to play. You are never too old to have fun. It all comes down to your perspective.
58. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you face your fears, you grow stronger. Each time you do something you’re afraid of, it becomes easier. This has been true in my life, so I have no doubt that the same will be true for you. When you start out, it’s hard, but it gets easier. Trust me.
Quotes about Life
61. “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” – Unknown
Everything around you and inside you is constantly changing. The people that resist this process are the ones constantly whining and complaining. They are in constant internal agony. Keep going, be curious and remember to breathe.
63. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
Have plans, but do not be rigid. Be present and focus on each task. Thinking about an end goal will cause stress, because your mind is focusing on the future, on lack, instead of focusing on what’s in front of you.
68. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato
We’re all going through this journey together, and we all have our own problems. Remember to be kind. Remember others, because you are not the only one that has problems. Focus your energy on being kind and helping. You will see a difference in your life.
Quotes about Time
71. “Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.” – Napoleon Hill
Take whatever you’re procrastinating on and do it right now. Get into the habit of using your awareness of procrastination as a trigger to take action. When you make it a habit, you are no longer slave to that which we call procrastination.
72. “The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.” – Albert Einstein
Time is an interesting beast, because it is relative. Put your hand on a stove and time moves slowly. Watch an excellent movie with someone you love and time flies by.
77. “Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods.” – Japanese Proverb
Last, but not least, remember to enjoy your life. Remember to be grateful for the little things. Remember to be kind to the people around you and remember to follow your heart. And of course, remember to read inspiring quotes on a daily basis!
As you think about where you are in your business and your life, did any of these resonate with you? Any that you would put on you mirror or refrigerator to read every day? Which ones did you like the best? Or do you have some other great quotes that you can share with the group in the comments below? Now it's your turn . . .
- 5Min.FHE (46)
- Atonement (1)
- Blog Basics (2)
- Blog Book Tour (23)
- Contests (1)
- Families (2)
- Family History (1)
- Featured Vendor (1)
- Following the Prophet (1)
- Forgiveness (1)
- Giveaways (50)
- Gospel Doctrine (11)
- Heavenly Treasure (1)
- Industry News (10)
- LDS Beliefs (4)
- Marketing Tips (13)
- modesty (1)
- Mother's Day (1)
- Motherhood (1)
- Product Reviews (42)
- Rave Reviews Internet News (6)
- Revelation (1)
- Thinking Right (10)
- Training the Team (8)
- Website Strategies (1)
- Weekend Ponderings (3)